What is a website?
Your website is a digital representation of what it’s like to engage with you.
Successful websites embody your marketing strategy and your brand values in an easily accessible medium.
With your website as your anchor, every implementation of your marketing and branded communications plan should convey the same consistent message.
It’s important to keep in mind:
Websites are not a species of print advertising that must look exactly the same in all environments. They should deliver appropriate content and functionality within the context of presentations that may vary slightly according to the needs and capabilities of differing browsers, devices, [and visitors]. —The Web Standards Project
Your Website is a Marketing Tool
We’ll begin the process of developing your website with an exploration of the features and functionality that you need to carry out your marketing strategy.
- What must your website be able to do for your clients?
- How would you like to structure the layout of your website?
- Are there websites out there to inspire your design?
- How flexible can you be with your aspirations and your budget?
Through the careful and thoughtful planning of your website, it will soon:
- deliver on your brand promises
- implement your marketing plan
- present your products, prices, placement, and promotions
- provide opportunities for your clients to learn more and engage with you
Choosing a Website Platform
From there, we’ll begin designing your website on a platform that offers you and your clients the most benefits.
Depending on your needs as well as your budget, this may include:
> For anyone:
- a blog or a podcast to share your ongoing story
- a portfolio to document your skills and accomplishments
- a gallery to showcase all types of creative projects, including audio and video
- an online store to sell physical or digital products
> For cause-related endeavors:
- a charitable giving portal
- a members-only forum for groups and associations
- a membership-based library to share exclusive content
- a membership-based learning portal to teach your favorite topics
> For industry-specific purposes:
- plugins to integrate your client relationship management (CRM) app
- plugins to display your content from a compatible online database, and
- just about any other thing you can imagine; if it’s possible, we can do it.
A final thought on websites:
When it’s done well, you will fall in love with your website.
In fact, when you need a minute to recharge your batteries, your website will be there to remind you of why you began your endeavor in the first place, and it will inspire you to keep going when things get tough.
For those times when you need to get away, plan ahead so you can take your cloud-based office with you. You never know where or when you’ll feel inspired.